The 1st Congressional District of the Republican Party of Virginia will hold its Quadrennial Convention on June 13, 2020. Despite the COVID-19 emergency, the convention is still planned for June 13, 2020.
The purpose of the convention is:
- Electing a Chairman for the First Congressional District of the Republican Party of Virginia;
- Electing three (3) members of the State Central Committee for a term of four years or until their successors are elected;
- Electing three (3) delegates and three (3) alternate delegates to the Republican National Convention to be held in Charlotte, NC on August 24-27, 2020;
- Electing one (1) a Republican candidate for elector for President and Vice President of the United States to be voted for at the election on Tuesday, November 3, 2020; and
- for the transaction of such other business as may properly come before the convention.
UNOFFICIAL LIST OF FILINGS FOR ELECTION AT THE CONVENTION2020 Convention Filings_040520
OFFICIAL CALL(CORRECTED) OFFICIAL CALL_2020 1st District Convention
OFFICIAL FILING FORM
District Chairman, State Central Committee, National Delegate/Alternate Delegate, Elector1st District Convention Filing Form
Candidate Preference Ballot (for Military Members only)
— Will be posted no later than May 24, 2020.